The GOAT debate has been intense since the emergence of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi nearly two decades ago.
The comparison of the greatest ever used to be between Pele and Diego Maradona, until Ronaldo and Messi came into the picture.
UK-based media outlet Mirror decided to use AI technology ChatGPT to reveal the 10 greatest footballers ever.
See their findings below
10. Ferenc Puskas – the Hungaria striker was unstoppable in front of goal during his prime as he recorded 625 club goals and 84 goals for his country. He remains an eternal Real Madrid legend after scoring 242 goals for Los Blancos.
9. George Best – The Manchester United legend once scored six goals in the game during his hay days. He became one of the first-ever English players to win the Ballon d’Or.
8. Zinedine Zidane – The French legend redefined the midfield role as he guided France to the World Cup in 98. Zizou won the Ballon d’Or among numerous trophies for Real Madrid and Juventus.
7. Franz Beckenbauer – The German icon is the only defender on the list after enjoying immense success with Bayern Munich and German back in the 70s.
6. Alfredo Di Stefano – A Real Madrid and Argentine legend. He scored more than 300 goals for Madrid and won five Champions League crowns back in the 50s and early 60s.
5. Joyan Cruyff – The Dutch legend who starred for Ajax and Barca. Unlike the others on this list, he never won an international trophy.
4. Cristiano Ronaldo – The Portuguese legend misses out on the top three despite his five Ballon d’Ors and 800+ goals for club and country. It’s quite disrespectful for CR7 considering his remarkable goalscoring record and longevity.
3. Lionel Messi – Every 21st-century football fan can attest to Leo’s greatness. Like Maradona, Messi also led Argentina to a World Cup win and has seven Ballon d’Ors – the most of any player ever.
2. Diego Maradona – The legendary dribbler single-handedly won Argentina the World Cup in 1986 and enjoyed tremendous success in Europe.
1. Pele – The Brazilian legend who won three World Cups and reportedly scored over 1000 goals for club and country.
Two Barcelona legends made the top ten.
Do you agree with this ranking?