Confirmed: Porto set to sign Barca player

Photo: Getty images

According to reports, Porto are set to announce the signing of midfielder Nico Gonzalez, from Barcelona.

The 21-year-old midfielder is in Portugal and has already passed his Porto medical, O Jogo reports.

Nico spent last season on-loan with Valencia, where he made 26 appearances, but has been unable to break into the Barca team.

Porto will sign the youngster for €8m for 60 per cent of his registration. Porto can buy the remaining 40 per cent for €4m.

The deal for Nico Gonzalez also includes a buyback option for Barca worth €15m.