Barcelona have been linked with the signing of Robert Lewandowski all summer, but the move hasn’t been fruitful so far.
Barça’s last bid of €40m was said to be short of the asking price set by Bayern, even though the 33-year-old has a year left on his contract.
The Poland international is desperate to join Barcelona before Bayern’s pre-season begins on July 12 but the two clubs have failed to reach an agreement thus far.
Negotiations are still ongoing for Lewandowski, and transfer expert Fabrizio Romano has claimed Barcelona are confident a deal will happen.
He wrote on Twitter: “Robert Lewandowski, back at Bayern with medical tests in the morning. No changes on his plan: Barcelona, as soon as possible. #FCB
“Barça are confident but negotiations with Bayern are still needed. Work in progress.”
Barcelona president Joan Laporta has previously said of a move for Lewandowski: “We made an offer to FC Bayern to sign Lewandowski and we are waiting for their response, I hope their response is positive.
“I want to thank Lewandowski here in public for what he is doing to join us.”
Bayern aren’t too keen on selling Lewandowski, but with the striker putting pressure for an exit, they might just give in.