Barcelona president Joan Laporta has confirmed that the club has finalised deals to sign Franck Kessie and Andreas Christensen.
The two deals ought to have been confirmed since, but the club’s situation prevented it from happening.
Both players were available on free transfers after their contracts expired at their former clubs.
Kessie joined from AC Milan, while Christensen joined from Chelsea.
Speaking in a recent interview, Barcelona president Joan Laporta confirmed the two signings and revealed the days they will be unveiled as Barcelona players.
“We will present Kessié on Wednesday and Christensen on Thursday,” Laporta said.
Meanwhile, Christensen had revealed last month while on international duty that he was sure of a move to Barcelona.
“I know where I have to play,” Christensen told reporters after Denmark’s win against Austria.
Asked where he would be playing next season, Christensen said: “Unfortunately, it’s not entirely up to me [the timing of the announcement]. There are also other things that need to fall into place.
“Hopefully soon. But I have known what I was going to do for a while. I’m just waiting for the right time.”